Monday, December 3

Bruce Braley Throws Support to John Edwards

Congressman Bruce Braley of Iowa's Fightin' First district endorsed John Edwards, officially becoming the first House member to support a presidential candidate. Braley also supported Edwards in 2004.

"Today, I'm proud to endorse John Edwards for president," said Braley. "Throughout this campaign, on issue after issue, John has proposed bold ideas to end the power of special interests in Washington and restore our government to the American people. John is the only Democratic candidate who grew up in rural America, and he has most specific, most progressive and most far-reaching ideas. I truly believe he is the best Democratic candidate to lead us to victory in 2008. With his leadership, I believe we can make his vision of One America a reality."

``I think anybody who lived through the 2004 Iowa caucuses realizes that trying to take the temperature of the Iowa voter one month out (from the caucuses) is risky business,'' Braley said. ``I think Sen. Edwards is going to be working very hard the next month, and I'm going to be doing whatever I can when I'm back in Iowa.''

“I am honored to receive Bruce’s support,” said Edwards. “He is a true leader and a strong voice on behalf of Iowa’s families. Bruce is committed to ending the power of special interests and making sure all hard-working Iowans have the opportunity to work hard, get ahead, and leave their children a better future. I look forward to joining with Bruce to change our country.”

See the YouTube video.

No comments: