Thursday, December 13

Campaign Songs

NE Progressive has a great post of about some of his "favorite" songs and it reminds me that we should be glad that this year's candidates have avoided songs like these on their travels around Iowa.

(It's a great song, but really, who has the brass to use this one?)


and (Duncan Hunter and Tom Tancredo, this is for you)



and my favorite (For all the caucus-goers in Iowa)



Here's one I think would make a good one, if truth in advertising meant something on the campaign trail...



Here are some songs I seriously doubt you'll ever hear on the campaign trail. Note that they are sort of in sequential order:

Hit the Road, Jack - Ray Charles and You don't Know me
Road to Nowhere - Talking Heads
Give It Away - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Running With the Devil - Van Halen
You Know I'm No Good - Amy Winehouse
Lyin' Eyes - The Eagles
Money - your choice: Pink Floyd or The Flying Lizards
I Wanna Be Your Dog - Iggy Pop or I'm a Bitch - Meredith Brooks
Suspicious Minds - Elvis Presley
Gimme Some Truth - John Lennon
Dazed and Confused - Led Zeppelin
Crazy - Gnarls Barkley or Patsy Cline
Dirty Deeds (Done Dirt Cheap) - AC/DC
Lawyers, Guns, and Money - Warren Zevon
I'm Sorry - Brenda Lee
Free Falling - Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers(w/Axl Rose)
Swan Dive - Ani DeFranco
It's Over - Boz Scaggs
I'm a Loser - The Beatles
D.O.A. - Foo Fighters
Elected - Alice Cooper
Won't Get Fooled Again - The Who
Dancing With Myself - Billy Idol
Another One Bites the Dust - Queen
End of the Road - Boyz II Men

Feel free to add more via the comments section.

No comments: