Tuesday, May 8

Kansas Gov. No Shrinking Sunflower--Sebelius Rebellious

Kansas Gov. Kathleen Sebelius rankled the feathers of White House, by saying on Monday the federal government had failed to replace state National Guard equipment deployed to Iraq and the lack of equipment was hindering rescue and recovery efforts after a weekend of violent weather in the Midwestern state "We're getting pounded in Kansas. We have the need for National Guard in two different parts of our state now. This is really going to be a problem."

Tonight, Sebelius issued this statement on the flap over the National Guard: "Let me be clear: With the equipment we have, the men and women of the Kansas National Guard have the initial response to the Greensburg tornado under control.

I have said for nearly two years, and will continue to say, that we have a looming crisis on our hands when it comes to National Guard equipment in Iraq and our needs here at home. The equipment shortage will likely slow long-term efforts to recover and rebuild in Greensburg. We can only hope that we not have another significant natural disaster in Kansas. That would put our Guard, and the people of Kansas, in a real bind."

"I appreciate the President's help, quick response and concern in dealing with the tornado damage in Greensburg. But I will not back down on the issue of replacing our National Guard equipment throughout the country. As Governor and a commander-in-chief, I have a solemn responsibility to protect the people of my state and provide for the men and women of the Kansas Guard."

2 comments:

A man with a fork in a world of soup said...

Can I ask who you are, since you link to my blog. I'm just curious, and also how did you find me?

A man with a fork in a world of soup said...

?

Email me at FANOFSTEEL@yahoo.com