Monday, May 7

Chet and Patty's Travelin' Roadshow

Governor Chet Culver and Lt. Governor Patty Judge will be bringing the state capital to your town (or a nearby town) this month. Dubbed the “Capitol for a Day” tour, Governor Culver will be traveling to Dubuque on Thursday, May 17 and then to Council Bluffs on Wednesday, May 30.

According to the Governor's press release. "The best briefings I receive are firsthand from the people of Iowa,” said Governor Culver. “If an Iowan has an innovative idea on how to keep young people in our state, I want to hear it. If an Iowan has some thoughts about improving education, I want to hear it. If an Iowan just wants to listen and say ‘hello’ they will certainly have that opportunity as we travel the state.

“One of the best aspects of my job is meeting Iowans from all walks of life. Now that the legislative session is over, I am excited to travel the state and get input on new initiatives for next year.”

I have no inkling to who may be traveling with the Culver/Judge team, but be on the look out for some extra wind power coming to your town soon.

No comments: