Wednesday, January 9

Clinton, McCain Rally the Troops

Despite death rattles on the blogosphere, Hillary Clinton's campaign rolls on after a stunning comeback in New Hampshire over Barack Obama. Despite trailing in the polls by 9%, team Clinton showed why they are still the campaign to beat. With 99% of the precincts counted, it was Clinton 39%, Obama 37%, Edwards 17%, Richardson 5%, and Kucinich 1%. As predicted, the storyline is now Clinton is comeback kid II.

Said Clinton, "I want, especially, to thank New Hampshire. Over the last week, I listened to you and in the process I found my own voice. I felt like we all spoke from our hearts and I am so gratified that you responded. Now together, let's give America the kind of comeback that New Hampshire has just given me."

On the Republican side, John "McComeback Kid" McCain, stormed back in New Hampshire and upended Mitt Romney, Mike Muckabee, and Rudolph Giuliani.

Said McCain, "I'm past the age when I can claim the noun 'kid' no matter what adjective precedes it. But tonight we sure showed them what a comeback looks like."

On the Democratic side, the pushing aside of Clinton proves to be premature and makes the race a two person race for the near future. On the Republican side,it is anybody's guess.

No comments: