Friday, January 4

Casualties of Caucuses: Biden and Dodd

Senators Joe Biden and Chris Dodd have left the filed after the Iowa Caucus. Neither have stated who they will support.

Biden told his supporters, “There is nothing sad about tonight. We are so incredibly proud of you all. So many of you have sacrificed for me and I am so indebted to you. I feel no regret. I ain’t goin’ away.

“I want to thank the people of Delaware and I’ll be going back to the Senate as chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee,” he said.

When asked about taking a position as secretary of state, he said "no, no." However he did say, “when you’re secretary of state, I’d have to be convinced that the nominee, the Democratic president, we really shared the same kind of views.”

Dodd said, "Tonight I am withdrawing from the Presidential race. But let me assure you, we do not exit this race with our heads hanging - rather, we do so with our heads held high."

Whether it is restoring the Constitution to the American people, standing up to this President to end this war, or starting the discussion about what it will really take to tackle global warming and bring the country together, we stand confident that the difference we made in this race will endure longer than any speech, any election or any political campaign." More from the NY Times

No comments: