Tuesday, February 12

Culver Has Delusions of Grandeur

The Des Moines Register has this little morsel:

Chet Culver for president?

The first-term Iowa governor smiled when asked the question Friday in a meeting with Des Moines Register editors and reporters. He left no doubt he is leaving the door open to that eventual possibility.

"I love the job. I love the executive branch," he said. "I think it is a natural fit, and I want to be involved in public service as long as I can make a difference.

When asked if that means he might someday make a presidential run, Culver said: "You know, that is the great thing about America. You never know what is possible in this country, whether it relates to my future or my kids' future, you never know. I do believe that governors can slowly help to change the world and change the country.

Hello, Governor...you haven't made a difference in Iowa yet.

No comments: