Friday, June 1

Thompson Twins?

Not that I usually use this popular, progressive blog to speculate about conservatives but, while some are wondering what the addition of Actor/Politician Fred Thompson to the already crowded Republican field will mean to the Rep front-runners, I wonder if he and the also-running Tommy Thompson will consider forming a ticket--which I believe would be a political first...Thompson/Thompson. Ideologically conservative, they seem well-suited to each other
I've already got the bumper sticker: T 'n T--They're Dyn-o-mite!

Speaking of the Republicans, why is it so important that the invoke the ghost of Ronald Reagan? I remember the the '80s--in fact I was in "mourning for America" while he was invoking "it's morning in America". I know conservatives like to reminisce about the good old days, but seriously, the 1980's were not good to a lot of people, particularly the poor.

No comments: